Thursday, May 31, 2018

A Million Tiny Moments

May has been a bit of a marathon.  Everything that we put off til after school was out was crammed into one month, effectively minimizing the margin that I try to keep in our lifestyle.  We as moms do our best planning and leave the rest in God’s hands.  It is in this month, that I found myself digging deeper,  grasping more vigorously and pondering His works more thoughtfully.

“I simply must have Your grace to do what You want me to do.”


I’m finding myself wanting to be used by God more fervently this month.  Reaching out to Him, wanting to be always fully available for Him, He’s blessed me with so many unexpected moments amidst the busy days.


Like chatting with my neighbor friend at the creek while the Blossoms cool off and I have heart eyes for God’s wildflowers.  Or back porch sittin’ with various and sundry friends, talking about ordinary life, mom wins and mom fails and all the in between seemingly mundane things. Or camping out in the yard as a family, while devouring hot dogs roasted over a fire the Blossoms built.


Doing something for God is most often mistaken as one spectacular moment of greatness, when really it’s a million ordinary moments of loving God and loving people.