Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hanging Baskets and Humming - - - Blossoms?

After a busy but enjoyable family wedding weekend, where Blossom4 did her part as the cutest flower girl ever, I was thrilled to my toes to be given this gorgeous hanging basket as a thank you for all of the fetching scissors, finding duct tape, whipping out wipes and corralling ring bearers and Blossom4 that I was delighted to do.  Seriously, yesterday afternoon as I swayed on my porch swing, alternately dozing and reveling in the restfulness that is quintessentially Sunday, I exclaimed half a dozen times, "I'm just so excited about my hanging basket!"


Later on, I wondered aloud, "Why haven't the hummingbirds discovered my basket yet?"  In my experience, our hummingbirds take about a half hour to an hour to discover new sources of nectar in our yard.  God sure made them quick!  Alas, the conversation took an interesting twist. 

Blossom4, with a silly grin: "Sometimes, I just drink right out of the hummingbird feeder!" 

Me, shocked: "What??????"

Blossom4, with that goofy face again: "Yes, sometimes I drink out of the feeder.  I can't help it; it just tastes SO GOOD." 

I've written that you can't judge a parent by what their kid eats; apparently you can't judge a parent by what their kid drinks either.