Friday, May 18, 2018

Help, It's Yucky!

This week I needed to rotate clothes.  It's a big job that takes a long time because of our four growing Blossoms.  I don't particularly enjoy it.  I was struggling especially with motivation.  It needed to be done and I didn't want to do it.  So I prayed about it. 

"I need grace today to be kind 
and do the yucky tasks that need to be done."  

After jotting down that thought, I felt the Lord pointing out all the good in this overwhelming task. 

- But the girls and I can do this task together.
- But it's a task that can be done because God has already provided clothing for the Blossoms.
- But it will feel like summer once this task is done. 
- But the girlies will have something nice to wear to the family wedding this weekend. 
- But it is a way to bless the Blossoms.
- But it is a way - a very real way - to show the girls that I love them. 

For everything that I thought was yucky about this huge undertaking, the Lord turned it around and showed me all the good in it.  He probed me further as I sat on the porch swing. 

"Can I rotate clothes today - a task that I detest - in a way that shows the girls how I love them?"  

Maybe you're chuckling now.  Who labors over something so dumb as rotating clothes?  However, everybody has some task they despise. 

Procrastination isn't the answer. 
Prayer is a terrific start. 
Perspective ~ His perspective ~ comes.
Then...
We persist. 

Looking back on an exhausting day, I'm humbled.  The Lord helped me to be truly patient... ALL DAY.  Can I just brag on what He did in an ordinary woman doing yucky tasks today?