Tuesday, May 15, 2018

I Need an (Easy) Solution

I'm so tired of losing my gardening hand tools when I'm working!  

I adore efficiency, a trait I get from my dad, so this walking all over the garden to find where I left my tools five minutes ago was simply for.the.birds.  I usually end up finding them, camouflaged with the dirt, across the garden somewhere.


In frustration, I racked my brain and came up with this simple solution that hearkens back to Dad's early days on his pool crew.  Dad supplemented some of his employer's tools with his own, in addition to each work truck having its own set of tools.  

He lined all the tools up in the grass and painted the handles with a spray paint code of sorts.  


If I remember correctly, he chose florescent orange for his tools 
and another color designated for each truck.  


Do you realize that florescent tools are awfully hard to lose in the grass and dirt?  So are red.

Problem solved.

Dominique

PS - In between gardening sessions, I store my hand tools, garden gloves, and string in an old mailbox attached to my garden fence. Apparently, heading down to the garage for my tools before I get to work is too far and too inefficient for my taste.  They stay dry in there too.

 
#gardenhack #rusticlifehack