Friday, January 18, 2019

Slow Down

The older the Blossoms get, the more I notice how they are bothered when I answer too quickly.

Let's say one Blossom asks my opinion on what she's wearing.  I'm scurrying back and forth throughout the house, helping some Blossoms get their hair done, gathering whatever needs to go out the door with us, trying desperately to try my new lip stuff without smearing it all over my face and helping everyone find all the stuff they need. 

I say, "Yes, that looks good," as I breeze past on to the next person toward my bathroom vanity.


The thing is, I meant what I said.  I rarely say things I don't mean.  I value honestly deeply.  
The fact  that I did not stop, I did not look her in the eyes bothers her.  

I'm trying every day to slow down, answer calmly and genuinely, while looking her in the eyes.  I get it, because I appreciate that too.

Sometimes we just need to slow down.