Monday, January 14, 2019

It is Finished

We mamas sometimes get discouraged when we can't finish something in an hour or even in a day.  It isn't like the pre-children days when we could start a project and see it through the end in one session.  We didn't even have to eat til we were done if we didn't want to!


 "What?  The little humans need to eat... AGAIN??"  

"Seriously?!!??"


Throw in the thought of trying to learn a new skill on those terms.  Things are just different with offspring around.



Along with many other things, learning a new skill can still be done.

I just have to prepare myself that it is going to take a longer amount of time.  

When we're honest about what can and can't be done with the daily demands of stay at home wife and motherhood, we can adjust our attitudes to a more realistic level of accomplishment.  



Here it is!  I finished my fingerless mitts.  It only took 2 months, but I did it.  I'm so excited to have "mastered" a new skill!



Don't give up!  What you're doing will take longer, but you can still do it!

Dominique

PS - Sending a shout out to my friend, Jess, who learned to knit alongside me, and Michele, who gave me the awesome funky needles as my welcome to the world of knitting gift!