Friday, January 25, 2019

I Would Know

If I had a New Year's Resolution, it might be to never clean up after any of my children again. 

This means that instead of quickly cleaning up a certain little person's desk, "Just so we can get started," I supervise clean up.  

Instead of gathering up crafting scraps off the floor for the umpteenth time, just so I don't have to look at them again, I call the responsible party in and ask them what they think they need to do. 

When Blossom4 spent a half hour, playing quietly at rest time the other day and I stood at the door of her room gaping at the Stormageddon-like chaos, instead of freaking out, I camped out on the floor by her door and supervised clean up.  

Nine times out of ten, I find they really do know what should be done.  It makes me wonder if they are trying to get away with as little as possible. 

A kid would never do that. 

I would know; I was a kid once. 

Dominique