Friday, September 9, 2022

Click. Tap. Solve. NOT.

The answer isn’t always to buy something. As the main problem solver of the house, I know the temptation to jump on Amazon and have a solution sent here.

Click, tap, solved.

My ingenuity and self control are continuous contributing factors toward our family being able to remain a single-income family.

That sounds a bit lofty, doesn’t it?

Practically, sometimes that means mismatched desk chairs that include a large squeaky clunky rolling chair from the 1970s. A bit annoying but it works. Every Blossom has a place for her bottom.

Sometimes it means using all those reusable shopping bags from my stash instead of purchasing more expensive organization options.

Sometimes it means using a shoe box instead of buying the prettier bin I originally envisioned.

Sometimes it means using the mason jars we have rather than purchasing a brand new fancy motivating water bottle for Blossom4.

I know the logistical pressure. My brain is tired and I just need to SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS... FAST. (And shopping for new stuff is fun!)

The click and solve approach is so much faster when it comes to taking problems off my plate. And I admit, there IS a time and place for ordering a solution. I’m just slowing myself down and reminding myself to think before I click. 

Can we make do with something we already have? Surprisingly, the answer is often yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!