Friday, September 2, 2022

First Day

Here we are again!


 Wait?!  Are you serious?  

A SENIOR????  And how is Baby Blossom4 NINE? 

Our kick-off day preparation was juggled alongside and in between canning and Fair visits.  I really try to have everything organized and well-communicated for our kick-off of bookwork.  I mean, being able to actually find pencils with erasers is a real necessity in my book. 

This year, I had to say no to a number of fun summery things I wanted to do, just to make sure we were ready.  Boy, that was a hard one for me.  

I LOVE MAKING MEMORIES WITH THE BLOSSOMS.

However, it's part of my responsibility to plan well and think ahead.  This is my job.  I made sure any changes to our Standard Operating Procedure were vocalized, whether or not they were popular or well-received.

I don't expect rainbows and roses on the first day... or any day, for that matter.  I've come to understand that pushback to the discipline of sitting down and doing what's required is a part of kick-off day... or week... and sometimes more.

Character bumps don't communicate anything more to me other than what I already knew ~ 

I am deep in the trenches of training our Blossoms.


And training is a whole lot of steady plodding, day in and day out.  


Each of us is growing in grace, every day of our lives together.  Kick off day included.  I am thankful for another day on the job, another day of learning, another day together, another step forward on our journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!