Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Favorite Freezer Tip

Freezer organization is something I have to stay on top of in our house.  Over the years, I've tried multiple ways to organize and keep track of what we have.  

For years now, I've kept a whiteboard above the freezers tracking the location of each type of meat (Left Hand Freezer, middle bottom or Right Hand Freezer, left top).  I don't track how much of each item.  I've never been able to sustain that system and it hasn't really helped us all that much.  If I can find where the lima beans are supposed to be, I can usually make sure we eat them all.


Anyway, lately, I've been finding that reusable shopping bags work really well for keeping types of meat and ingredients grouped together.  I put the 9,634 packages of hamburg directly in the freezer and then, stack different types of meat, veggies, and fruits on top in these reusable bags.  

One foray by the Blossoms into the freezer for an ingredient doesn't destroy the entire system of organization.  That's what I'm talking about!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!