Monday, February 11, 2019

A Special Frigid Wednesday

Since there's a big wood stove in the basement, our living room fireplace rarely sees more action than the pillar candles that normally adorn it.  As an aside to a history lunch we were doing this past week, I built a fire in the fireplace.  


It just so happened to be one of the coldest days of this winter thus far.  All day long I relished the rustic fragrance of burning wood as well as the soothing crackle of the flames.  

As I went about my day, I kept stumbling on Blossoms parked in from of the toasty flames, soaking up the experience.  


Amidst a bleak winter day with brutal temperatures, something as simple as a fire added a cozy, content element to our time indoors.  Dealing with the extreme cold makes a lot of extra work for the girlies and me.  


This soothing fire and the resulting gathering about the hearth brought a special high note to a frigid sort of Wednesday.


Dominique