Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Deep Walmart Observations

After a rare evening trip to Walmart by myself,  I observed that 75% of the women there wore yoga pants or pajama pants with an oversized hoodie.  Conversely, every man I saw at the store was wearing jeans, boots and a jacket.  What stunned me was that they immediately looked more put together than the women I noticed, even if they had clearly been working hard.

I found myself wondering, "When women get dressed, why don't we choose clothing that looks more put together?" 

One must put pajama pants on the same way jeans are put on; one leg at a time. 

One must put a nicer tee on the same way a cruddy too-large tee is put on. 

Perhaps comfort is the driving factor? 

Ladies, we can choose clothing that is functional and comfortable. 



We can make a choice in the morning to dress respectably,
even if we aren't going anywhere,
even if we are only running errands,
even if we're working hard,
even if we're "only" going to see the people we care most about ~ family.