Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Trade

Back in the day, Israel traded their glorious God for a statue of a grass-eating bull. 

What a vastly disappointing trade!

What kind of trades have I made in my own life? 

Anything else I make god in my life is not going to be worth it.  

It will be a drastic come down from the power of God reigning in my life. 

Putting the Rugged Mountain Man above God,

Putting the Blossoms above God,

Putting my own wants and needs above God,

Putting the things, the habits, the foods I turn to above God...

All of it will be a drastic come-down from having the one glorious true God in the supreme position of authority in my life. 

What trades have you made in your life?

For me, thinking about keeping God in His number one position is always a fruitful time of thought.




Psalm 106:20, NLT

Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.