Friday, February 15, 2019

Never Been Too Proud for Hand-Me-Downs

It's been a while since I've shared an outfit, hasn't it? I like to come around to these posts every now and again, so we all remember that being well put together doesn't mean we have to be big fashion spenders.

I wore this outfit around the house and to drop the girls off to skit practice.  It's one of my favorites!  I felt well put together and that always helps me forget about what I'm wearing and focus on the tasks at hand.  

~The gray Mama Bear hooded t-shirt was a hand-me-down and so was the Old Navy white buffalo plaid flannel shirt.  Shout out to my sis-in-law and sis for sharing their castoff goodies with me!
~The jeans were from a sale ages ago.  
~The purse was a Christmas present from my Mom several years ago.  I picked it out from Amazon.  
~The gray socks were actually sleeves cut off a thrifted sweater to give the scrunched sock effect above my boots.  I call them "bargain boot cuffs!"
~The hat is a $2.97 Walmart purchase that sees a lot of action.  
~The earrings were actually a set that the Blossoms made for me.  
~The duck boots were my birthday present from the Rugged Mountain Man this year. He got them on sale.

If you take away the socks, earrings and hat, you'll notice the outfit seems to lack pizzazz.

I've found that looking well put together has a lot to do with taking that extra five seconds to put on a pair of earrings.  It's grabbing boot cuffs that match whatever you're wearing.  It's taking five more seconds to snag a baseball hat that complements what I have on.

It says to every one else, "I may be busy, but I tried." And yes, I'm not to proud for hand-me-downs.  They too can be the building blocks of great outfits!


Dominique