Monday, September 17, 2012

And then, there's the TIME issue

There are more questions to ask myself.  I oftentimes, must prioritize the simple activities in our home.  Believe me, I love crafty things like scrapbooking and decorating cakes and making snazzy favors, but really, they aren't the most important thing.  I wonder, will the time spent on this glorify God?   Does using my time in this manner glorify God? Am I being a good steward of my time when I spend time making fancy signs with impressive flourishes and ornate gift bags with fancy name tags at the expense of my own personal devotion time with God and giving my family the attention they need? My free time is very limited and I really want to do what pleases Him. So, lots of times, I put aside what I enjoy and would like to do.  I make sure my relationship with God is cared for first and foremost and then caring for my family factors in as well.  Instead of all those pretty gift bag labels, my daughters write the names on the bags and decorate them.  I use it as a learning experience for them.  It doesn't have to be perfect!!!  This is about hospitality, not impressing folks.