Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Don't Miss My Point

I'm not attacking Pinterest or creativity.  I like and can appreciate parties that match and are well-coordinated.  My point is that fancy favors and matching water bottles and ornate decorations, don't make me as a guest have a better time at the party or in your home.  Maybe you don't consider yourself a great entertainer.  It doesn't matter.  The Biblical point is to think of others.  According to the dictionary, hospitality actually means, "The friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers and the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests in a warm, friendly, generous way."  All the matchy-matchy-ness in the world isn't going to make you any warmer, friendlier or more generous toward your guests.  So, think of your guests and balance that with the little touches that the Lord would approve.  Be blessed in your hospitality!  I know I feel challenged to a renewed dedication to hospitality.