Monday, April 15, 2013

Galloping Horses

That's what I have in my house right now.  We went through eight pounds of powdered sugar in the past four days.  Yes, I said EIGHT.  Why?  Well, I got the bright idea to make a variety of four or five Easter candy recipes for a candy platter to take to family gatherings this coming Easter weekend.  (You're reading this after the fact.)  And, today, I managed to try out a new recipe called Old-Fashioned Potato Candy.  It involves mashing a potato and then adding two pounds of powdered sugar to it, rolling it out like pie dough, spreading it with peanut butter and then rolling it up like a cinnamon roll, refrigerating it and slicing into thin slices.  I let the Blossoms sample it at snack time today.  I think you know why I have galloping horses in my house at this moment.  It was the two pounds of powdered sugar that did the trick.  :) 

By the way, here's a link to the recipe, if you feel like cranking your kids full of powdered sugar:
http://www.southernplate.com/2010/12/old-fashioned-potato-candy.html