Monday, April 22, 2013

Perfect love

One of my goals in life is to get really good at loving people.  I want to love my husband, my children and others like God wants them to be loved.  How to do this?  If you handed me a sheet of paper and told me to write instructions to fulfill this goal, I'd probably scratch my head and give you a blank stare.  I read this verse the other day:

1 John 4:11-12 "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us." (NASB)

Love is perfected by loving people.  I practice loving others and correspondingly, God's love is perfected in me.  How encouraging!  To get good at loving people, just keep loving them with God's love.  That's one person, one instance, one situation at a time.  I can do baby steps of love.  Thank the Lord for that.