Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Serve with strength...

I love when the Lord drops nuggets for me.  A friend of mine once shared that it only takes one word from the Lord to feed one of His children... and that's what I'm waiting for when I wait on God - that one life-giving Word that sustains me again. 

1 Peter 4:11 - ..."Whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ"... (NASB)

Service is my life.  I serve God.  I serve my husband.  I serve my children.  I serve others.  It's important that I serve with the strength that God supplies to me.  That is how the Lord will be glorified.  It can be a tiring life.  Service can zap you of energy (filling sippy cups, doing wash, packing lunches, etc).  But, God promises to give strength to the weary.  He wants me to serve with the strength He gives me.  A refreshing wave washed over me as this verse sunk in.  He supplies me with the strength and grace I need to fulfill every aspect of service that will glorify Him.  I seek that strength again and again.  I start over when I find I've returned to my own strength.  After all, service to others is ultimately service to Him.