Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My attitude and the Infant Stage or Grace...again.


Skeeter, Scooter, Skipper and Sweet Pea + Real Life = Tired Mommy

I’m tired of even saying that I’m tired.  This evening I was even thinking of banning the word “tired” from my vocabulary.  Seems like the more I say it, the more tired I feel.  Fatigue has repercussions.  Most everyone battles their flesh more so when they’re tired.  That’s how it is with me.  My words sound sharper.  My patience-fuse is shorter.  And, being in public hasn’t been the exception.  I feel like I’m wearing my attitude and my own fatigue on my sleeve. (embarrassing)  “Can everyone see how icky I’m acting?”  “Did everyone notice the way I scolded my Blossom?”  I mean, at least, if I'm going to battle the flesh, I'd like to do it in the privacy of my own home.  However, far more important than what everyone does or doesn’t see, is what God sees.  And, He sees it all.  Grace is what I need.  I apologize to my children, yet again, which is so humbling.  And, I stop to ask Him for grace (again) to carry out today’s responsibilities (again).  He always answers with that grace (again.)
The pursuit of holiness has to be for the right reasons... not just because people see my lack of it.  I will continue to pursue daily, ordinary holiness in order to please God, whether tired or not.  And if I fail today, in public or at home, I'll try (again) tomorrow.