Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Not What McClintock Would Do

Sometimes a little husbandly restraint is a really good thing.  No, I'm not really referring to actual literal husbandly restraint like John Wayne did (as George Washington McLintock in the movie McLintock) when he held his wife over his knee and gave her a good old-fashioned spanking.  (Their marriage, which had formerly been on the rocks, was reconciled after that.)  That isn't what I'm referring to.  I'm referring to a Mommy that thinks she can handle it all and do it all - in every season of wife-motherhood.  The reality is that that isn't true.  So, the Rugged Mountain Man said to me, "Do me a favor, Honey, and don't say yes to anything else."  Good words.  Good wisdom.  I'm using them to help me stick to the really important stuff right... just the really, really, REALLY important stuff.  That's what's getting done these days.  So, if your Husband Man comes over to you and shares a similar tidbit, instead of biting his head off or sassing him with your finest comeback, nod your head, smile thankfully and figure out a way to make his wisdom come to pass in your days.

PS - McLintock is a fun date night movie - one of my favorites, in fact!