Friday, May 9, 2014

Growing Down Every Day

I was chatting with our girlies yesterday about their witnessing endeavors.  And, I shared that we should follow God's leading about when to have a conversation with someone about the Lord.  I wanted them to know that this hearing from God thing isn't too complicated for them.  When I expressed that I believe it is easier for them to hear from God, than an adult, they were surprised.  It was such a precious thing to share that that's the way God wanted it.  He wanted things simple.  I was privileged to share that an adult has many things in their lives that complicate hearing from God.  A child's mind is simple and innocent.  God delights in that.  And, I shared that God told ME to become more like THEM!  Oh, the wonder of the Gospel!  The beauty of it! 

In my devotions this morning, I read Matthew 11:25-26,
"At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.  Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight."

There is something simple, innocent and quick to forgive about childhood.  Help me, Lord to become more like a child every day.  We spend so much time on growing up.  I think I'd rather grow down.  :)

Blessings,
Dominique