Thursday, May 1, 2014

Late Night Thoughts on Parenting

Am I frittering away these formative years with our children?  I want to be purposeful about raising them.  We chose this way of life for a reason.  Staying home, home-schooling... I think of people who carefully rear children in their belief system.  I don't see them letting the days slip by rushing their children from activity to activity... letting events dictate the training.  (The training dictates the events.)  It's so much more intentional.  Raising them up in the fear and admonition of the Lord.  That's what matters to me.  I despise this floating along with the current, letting activities, events and commitments whittle away at the vast quantity of time needed for quality parenting/training.  I feel the Lord tugging at my heart.

Don't let the minor things over shadow the major things!

I'm making the changes now... maybe not everyone will understand, but we're talking eternity here.

"Good job, Dominique.  You shuttled them around and kept a busy schedule for your daughters, but you failed to train them in My ways."

I just can't have that.  It's HIS purpose and He put it in me long ago.  I won't desert it, whether people understand or not.