Friday, June 13, 2014

Good-Bye Jet Dry

I like stuff that works.  Like, REALLY works.  And I've tried "life hacks" and "household hacks" from Pinterest that just don't work.  So, I hope you know me well enough to remember that I'll only share stuff that truly works for me.

My sister was the one who originally had to convince me to try this.  We have calcium rich water, which means only one kind of dishwasher detergent works for us (Liquid/Gel Cascade Complete,, in case you're wondering), so I was hesitant to even attempt something other than Jet Dry.  I took the plunge... yanking open that little compartment and sloppily dumping in Distilled White Vinegar.  We've been using that for over a year now.  I've seen no change in my dishes.  In fact, I noticed a bit of improvement on our drinking glasses.  Less spots!  Needless to say, I'm not going back.  I use vinegar for so many other cleaning jobs around here, mainly because I can use it diluted.  That means, the Blossoms can safely clean with me.  Gotta love that!  So Vinegar's always in the house.  And, now it's working for me in my dishwasher.  Give it a shot!  I bet you won't be disappointed.