Monday, June 16, 2014

the Caspian Chronicles

My Sister and her husband and their Bun-In-The-Oven are living in Arkansas for 3 1/2 months.  Or a little under 3 months now.  And, my family gets to watch her cat, Caspian.  Blossom1 has taken over his correspondence, because, you know, that's essential.  Cat owners must hear from their felines!  Our family has been very entertained by this, so I thought you'd enjoy them.


Dear Master,
 
 
 
 

 
 I miss you Master. Where have you been?
I have used the litter box many times. The big huge dog that lives here ate my supper.
I have not gone upstairs yet. Every minute of the day there are big loud noises coming from upstairs. I hope there are other cats living here although we have not been introduced yet. Every morning someone comes past me and makes very loud noises. She says something about chickens.  I guess they are a bird of some sort.  Birds sound tasty.  I have found out that there are many hiding places in this place. I hear humans talking about something known as "outside."  I think it is a myth, but I haven't seen it with my two eyes yet.  The Innkeeper here tried to hold me and pet me and I did not like it at all.  I showed him.  He said I haven't heard the end of him yet.  Please come get me soon before those little humans get me.  They are scary looking!  All of their fur is on their head!  And they don't meow or talk quietly like you do!
 
Love
You're brave and noble Caspian
(Via Blossom1)

----------------------

Dear Caspian,

It will be many days before I come to see you again. Give the little humans a chance. They are quite nice, once you get to know them. Even their fur is pretty. :)

Master Brandon and I loved hearing from you. We laughed and laughed and laughed. We're not laughing at you; we're laughing with you. 

One day you will come out of hiding and discover wonderful things that we have never shown you. 

Love,
Mistress Naomi & Master Brandon

 
-----------------------------------
 
Dear Mistress,

I am doing better here.
Those "Girls" as you call them are nicer than I thought they would be.
I let them pick me up.
Their fur is kinda pretty too.
I found out there are two other cats here, their names are Tabby and Toby.
Tabby is a grumpy caterpillar on legs.
Toby is a handsome ruler.
I found out that the place called outside is not a myth.
The people here let the door hang open on purpose, I went outside.
It is scary out there.
It is full of loud noises and dark scary corners.

I hope you will come back soon
Your brave and noble
Caspian
(Via Blossom1)