Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Even a 4 yr old needs a good hot meal

I love it when the Lord gives a moment of inspiration. 

Leading our children in devotions is something that is important to me.  I want them to know that it's normal for a Christian to feed their spirit.  Actually, recently I told the Blossoms that the dean of our Bible School always explained it this way,

"Some people feed their bodies three hot meals a day, but then, they feed their spirit a snack.  Feed your spirit good hot meals!" 

Being that we regularly eat regular wholesome meals, it was a good lesson for the girlies.  Nourish your spirit well!  Don't just snack spiritually! 

Today, I watched Blossom1 and Blossom2 read their Bibles after breakfast and I realized that Blossom3 was tired of waiting for me to have a little time with God so that I could then read her Bible to her.  I suddenly remembered the fabulous free audio feature on my (highly recommended) Bible app, "YouVersion."  I led her to a comfy chair, handed her my Kindle and pushed play.  She happily listened chapters of Luke being read while Mommy had some time with God.  When I was done, I sat down and read her Bible to her.  (I still like the one-on-one time.)  We then continued with the rest of our girlie devotional time. 

I hope you see my heart here... sharing this isn't a means of bragging about our home life.  The moment of inspiration (from the Lord!) reminded me how many terrific tools we have at our fingertips to help us in our pursuit of Godliness.  The time the girlies and I have with God is something that is constantly being adapted to suit their ages.  The important thing is to use the tools we have and just keep at it.