Monday, May 11, 2015

Lately

So lately, I am ~

Excited:
Because Blossom4 caught a chicken for the first time, all by herself.  At two years old, that's quite an accomplishment!  She was so pleased.  I didn't help her at all.  In fact, I thought those Mommy thoughts, "At least if she is chasing a chicken to catch it, she will run off a lot of energy." 

Sad:
Because LG, the pheasant died.  Seeing him hatch and grow was such a great experience.  It was also really interesting to see how much wilder he was than the other animals.  The Blossoms were (understandably so) VERY upset, as was Mommy.

Busy:
With everything.  You all know that I was at the CHAP convention and was also out of town with the Blossoms.  (Daddy had to hold down the fort here.)  I accomplished so much, but enjoyed myself too.  It was like a mini working vacation.  I'm hoping to take the same approach next year - go for two days, survey the whole show, taking notes and then buy the second day.  It really helped being able to think, read about and pray about the decisions I was making.  God was faithful to direct, as He always is.

Thankful:
For Mother's Day.  Getting spoiled a little by my family is so nice.  A good salad, a pretty necklace, yummy ice cream and lots of good chilling time with them makes for a great day.

Reading:
Parenting is Heart Work by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller.  The authors were guests at the CHAP convention.  I enjoyed their session on sibling squabbles which gets to the heart of the issue - honor.  Children bicker and argue because they aren't honoring each other and treating the other better than themselves.  The book is great thus far.  It goes deeper than just getting obedience from your kids - reaching their hearts for the Lord. 

Have a great day, friends!