Monday, May 18, 2015

Meandering thoughts

Writing has always helped me to sort my thoughts.  Thoughts and emotions swirl around in my head, but it all solidifies when I write.

I think the theme for the last seven days here would be WORK.  Not that I'm going to pontificate about all we accomplished, since that could seem a little bit like "Momdescension."  Suffice it to say that there is always a big end of school year, beginning of warm weather push.  The physical labor is exhausting but invigorating too.  My faithful Blossom Bunch are real hard workers.  I sure am thankful for that.  This year, the Rugged Mountain Man and I could see how much they helped.  As a parent, that was such an encouragement.  Thank God for those little glimpses every now and then.

Daddy was out of town for a few days, so we held down the micro-farm, just us girlies.  I sure am thankful for that man.  He brings such stability to this house.  I defined it as an intangible when I was talking to him about it.  When he is away, the girls are more emotional(!)  I don't know why this is.  It actually makes me marvel about God's design for the family.  Mommy and Daddy are both needed, together.  Children are healthiest that way.  We were so glad to see him when he returned.

I printed off a few ice-breakers/conversation starters from pinterest the other day.  I thought it might start us off all at the same point and direct our family conversations a bit.  If anything, it's been great for laughs. Shouts for more can be heard at the dinner table.  What a simple, easy thing to do to make mealtimes even more fun!

Well, I must sign off for now.  Sleep calls, so we can hit the ground running tomorrow.

Blessings!!! :)