Friday, March 2, 2018

Top Spot, by His Grace

After an afternoon of outside work that we knew would make the Rugged Mountain Man smile upon his arrival home from work, I pondered the inner workings of a day here.  It's really not complicated.

My husband, the Rugged Mountain Man, is the top priority.  


But what does that mean?

I plan around the Rugged Mountain Man's schedule.  Is he home?  Then, we are.  And, I'm available to help him.

In the afternoons, the Blossoms and I do the things I know that he wants done around the house.  Those rocks that need to be raked out of the yard and back into the driveway get raked, because we are considering what he wants accomplished here in the Hollow.  What he thinks is a priority, we make a priority.


When he gets home from work, I ask him what's on his agenda for an evening and then we go from there, planning what I'll tackle and what the Blossoms need to do.

If I'm making food for a potluck, I ask him what he's in the mood for, considering his tastes first.

If he doesn't want me to buy it, I don't.

If he wants me to wait to spend money, I do.


If I'm headed out, I do the errands he needs me to do.

If he calls, texts or emails, I respond.  Immediately.

I love my husband and he comes before everybody else.  These are the practical ways that he is my priority.  I'm honoring him above myself.  I'm giving preference to him.  In honor, I'm preferring him.  It's solidly Biblical, and it's found in Romans 12:10.

I still love the paraphrase my dad used to repeat to us often,

"Prefer one another higher than yourself."  

With God's grace, you can prefer your husband higher than yourself.  

Dominique