Friday, June 8, 2018

How Sweet It Is

I'm exuberant.  

Expressive.  

Even ostentatious in my reactions.  

And my husband is not.  


We are opposites in the best sense.  We complement each other so exquisitely that I remember often that God knew what He was doing when He brought us together.  


The thing is, sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the strengths in the Rugged Mountain Man's personality and character, when I find myself wanting him to act like me.  

I've been mulling over fostering more contentment and more joy in our marriage.  
What can I do?  What is my part?  What do I need to change? 


I feel like the Holy Spirit put His finger here.  When I finish a project and I'm proud of my work, the Rugged Mountain Man's simple, calm, genuine and non-gushing "Good job, Honey" 
is good enough if I choose to remember that it's good enough.  


Underneath that desire for him to act like me or to say what I want to hear, is a dangerous ditch of wanting to change my husband.  This is how God made him and when I stop and think about it, 
I'm thankful he is the way he is.


The contented wife is the richest wife.  
And then, marriage - how sweet it is!

My sister, mom and I experienced rolled ice cream for the first time last weekend at Rolled Cold Creamery.   Mine is the Peanut Butter Brownie masterpiece on the left of the picture.  Mom enjoyed a strawberry chocolate splurge.  My sister's is not pictured... she ate it quickly so she would only have to share a bite or two of her Nutella nirvana.  Just kidding!

#rolledcoldcreamery #howsweetitis