Saturday, June 16, 2018

Joy Need Not Wait

If there was a lesson in my recent weekend trip to Lancaster with my mom and sister, it would be taking the work that needed to be done and sipping the joy from the midst of it. 


I attend a homeschool convention every year for the purpose of research, inspiration and purchases that span a year's worth of curricula and school goals for four Blossoms.  


It's a lot of work packed into one or two days.  I do find it very inspiring, although it is rarely relaxing.  By the time I drop into my own bed again, I'm exhausted.  The Blossoms have come to look forward to this time with their Grammie because HELLO SUMMER and ice cream, and swimming, and cousins, and goodies, and grilled meat, and pizza, and, and, AND... for obvious reasons.


 But, mama still has to work.  My sister, Naomi, was attending for the purpose of scoping out the preschool homeschool world.  And Mom goes as moral support, official sounding board and ice cream buddy.  


We certainly squeezed in lots of food and walking and conversation and deep-breathing the fresh air and trying new foods and sight-seeing and humming and hugs and laughter and silly jokes and all the good, good parts of family.


Until we leave this planet Earth, there will always be work to be done.  
(Mamas, we need to accept this.)  Life's inbox is never empty.

Can we not smile with our children, our family, take their hands, sing whilst we work and squeeze those drops of goodness from everyday life?


Joy doesn't have to wait til after the work is done.  

Dominique

We visited Rachel's Cafe & Creperie.  I chose the "Cylo," a garlic-infused crepe stuffed with braised pork shoulder, spinach, feta cheese, cheddar cheese and curry aioli!  STELLAR. Of course, I sampled Mom's and Naomi's crepes too.  Mmmmmm.  #crepesrock