Friday, March 22, 2019

A Note to You

Dear friend,

Do you have a regular time alone with God?  The peace that comes from this time is priceless.  The perspective that bursts forth from this time each day is essential.  I find I cannot live without it.  Getting to know God is definitely the best part of it.

Where to start?  Gather your device, your "cuppa" of something hot and park yourself in your favorite chair.  I like the youversion app for my reading.  I mostly read the Bible in the New Living Translation right now.  I really love reading in a translation that uses our language.  Then, my heart can't hide being Old English words that mean nothing to me!


If you've never read a book of the Bible the whole way through, why not start in the book of Luke?  It's a great book of stories about Jesus' life.  Start somewhere and keep reading.  Stop when something strikes you.  Ask yourself questions.  Look for the answers.  Mull over it.  Write down a thought or two.  Pray about it then and there.  Read.  Pray.  Read.  Ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand.

I don't like telling myself I have to read so many chapters a day.  Some days I read two verses.  Some day I read three chapters.  It all depends on what seems to jump out at me.  No matter how much or how little I read, I'm available for God to speak to me and teach me.  I believe that He will and He does.  He'll speak to you and teach you too.

I'm so excited for you to draw closer to Him.  I'm so excited for you to learn more and more about His words.

Thinking of you,

Dominique