Friday, March 1, 2019

My Heart Is

"...my heart is not proud..." 

This phrase has me thinking about choosing humility. 

I'm realizing that I don't need to wait for God to humble me through harsh circumstances.

When God works on my heart, when He hints that this is the way, I can choose the path of humility.  It starts with one humble step.


I can humble myself under God's hand, following His gentle leading.  He'll lead me to another step of humility.

In the morning, when I offer up my heart afresh, I can let my heart surrender to His Lordship, to His leading, to His desires, to His ways.  It's another action that demonstrates humility.

This is humility blossoming afresh each day.  May it only grow in my heart, making me more useful in His Kingdom. 

Dominique

Psalm 131:1 Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.