Monday, March 18, 2019

Being That Person

Today I was that person... that person that forgot about the time change.  Oh yes, a friend reminded me.  We chatted about it, but I'd already set a reminder for Saturday night.  Except the reminder didn't come through until 9:30 the next morning. 



Why didn't I see the adjusted time on my phone?  Sundays are the day I try so hard to be more analog.  I was having such a peaceful morning, up early working out, reading and thinking and worshiping and correspondingly avoiding my phone.  The peace of the morning was so good and so refreshing.  I actually think it was worth it, despite the mad rush that happened shortly thereafter. 



A friend sent an unrelated SOS text and during that thread, I suddenly realized what happened.  I yelled out the door and the girls rushed through the rest of chores.  I was already dressed and finished my makeup in about 30 seconds.  Thankfully, the girls shower and lay out their clothes the night before, so they jumped in their clothes.  I helped with hair.  The Rugged Mountain Man took the fastest shower in the East. 



I can't believe we made it to church with three minutes to spare!  I'm so glad we made it; it's so invigorating to be a part of the Body of Christ.



~ praying with a friend

~ worshiping whole-heartedly

~ being filled up by a meaty Word



~ hearing so many good convicting words that challenge my heart

~ being reminded that this life isn't about TRYING to be enough, it's about RELYING on Christ. 

~ flowing with the Spirit and spontaneously lifting our voices in song



This work, these days, these tasks, they can exhaust me OR I can rest in Christ.  I can rely on Christ and let every thing I do, flow from that life-giving relationship.

Dominique