Friday, March 29, 2019

On Rebounding

Around here, we've got these annoying little "stink" bugs that have been showing up a whole lot lately.  I think they're technically squash bugs, but we know not to squash them because they stink.

I was in the kitchen when I noticed a little brown offender edging perseverantly over the oranges in my fruit bowl.  I poised my fingers and effortlessly and vengefully flicked him out of my kitchen.

He executed a perfect landing on the back of my couch.

In amazement I thought, "I wish I would land on my feet that quickly."

This life has ups and downs.
Our days have highs and lows.
We have triumphs and we have failures.
We take opportunities and we miss opportunities.
We love and we hurt.
We give and lose.
We rise and we fall.

But do we land on our feet quickly?

When it's bad, do we grab onto the grace of God, dig deep into His presence and stand up to try again?

Dominique