Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Other things we've been up to...

Check out some of the other things we've been up to lately...

Legos... not just for boys!  (PS - That's not just in the background, it's an incubator!  Blossom1's heart's desire!)


Meandering down by the creek produced some rocks for further investigation by our onsite up-and-coming mineral expert!  :)


Packing for a trip to Grammie & Pappy's.  I LOVE the new color coded/animal printed duffel bags!  Now I will always know whose is whose!  (However, Daddy is confused already.)

 
Apparently, chocolate chips and peanut butter is a treat much better enjoyed in a blocks container, with your sister. 

 
Blossom3 assured me that it was still ok to make these cookies, as it is still "Critmiss break!"  (or was, as I write this anyway)  (Take note of the two pint-size milk bottles in the background.  They are a gift from my sister-in-law and her sister-in-law.  My creative mind is soaring over the possibilities... got lots of Pinteresting to do now, especially since I have announced that all family members desiring to remain in my good graces must save these Starbucks bottles for me!)


Blossom2 sometimes falls into Blossom1's shadow, so I banished Blossom1 from the kitchen, until we were done baking two kinds of cookies together - just me and Blossom2.  (Those Dark Chocolate M&M cookies are DIVINE!)  Not only does Blossom2 benefit from the one-on-time, she also needs this instruction so she can become as kitchen proficient as Blossom1 is. 


Snickerdoodles have long been my specialty, and my go-to cookies.  Someday I'll share this recipe with you. 


And then, I set Blossom1 loose to bake some bread.  The loaves were delicious.  And yes, she (mostly) cleaned up this mess.  I still had to shine up my KitchenAid a bit, but I can't complain.


Hope you enjoyed Christmas break.  I'm looking forward to the routine again. 

Blessings to you!