Monday, January 5, 2015

Who you pullin' with?

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." 
 
Matthew 11:28-30, NASB, my own emphasis added

"Take My yoke."  As Moms, a lot of times, we wear a heavy yoke.  The thing is, we often feel like it's a yoke that is forced upon us, a schedule that we didn't get to choose with activities that we care little about.  It's not the kids, it's the errands, the activities, the meetings, the appointments.  But, our acquiescence, albeit, silent, is there, just by the fact that we roll with the craziness.  We've taken that yoke, whether we meant to or not.  It doesn't have to be that way.  We CAN take a different yoke.  We CAN shrug off the burden (or throw it off) and crawl under a new burden.  He promises that it is easy and light.  To many moms that just seems too good to be true.  (I choose to believe the Bible.)  It doesn't promise that important responsibilities and appointments will just disappear.  Our Master is different.  We'll be pulling our yoke WITH Him.  (Most yokes utilized two oxen.  You represent one.  Who would be in the other?)  So, yes, let's use some common sense and be the boss of schedules, instead of letting them boss us.  BUT, let's purposefully rise and enter a quiet time with the Lord.  Let's get up and take His yoke