Friday, June 19, 2015

KD (Kitchen Duty)

I do love an orderly kitchen.  And, I'm training the Blossoms to love it too.  They've taken over all of the post-supper clean up.  That's mostly a good thing.  I usually retire to the adjoining living room, exhausted, to drop on the floor and play with Blossom4 and chat with Daddy.  It just seemed like they didn't quite know what to tackle first.  I'll admit that sometimes I don't either!  I typed this up and posted it on the fridge. 


Kitchen

1. Clear table.  (Push in chairs.)

2. Pack Daddy’s lunch.

3. Put away leftovers.

4. Load dishwasher.

5. Wash dishes.

6. Wipe table, counters and stove.

7. Sweep floor.

8. Turn off lights.

The Blossoms seem to be referencing it often.  Blossom1 and Blossom2 use it to direct Blossom3 more accurately so she doesn't suddenly disappear into the living room or stand in the middle of the kitchen floor daydreaming.  It's funny how something so simple can help young children work more efficiently.