Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Herb Hack

Hello friends!

Long ago, when I actually had cable, I liked to fold clothes and watch the Food Network.  I learned how to chop veggies chef-style AND I learned to incorporate more fresh herbs into our menu.  Considering that the clean clothing got folded at the same time, I call that a good situation. 

(Jake is not impressed with fresh herbs.  Bread or meat, on the other hand, he finds quite appealing.)

While I have incorporated more herbs into our menu, I still don't use a boatload of fresh herbs every day.  They always say to put them in a jar of water in the fridge.  Have you seen how gross the herbs get???

I have a better solution.  #mamalifehacks



1. Wash your fresh herbs.  I love to use my el cheapo Walmart Salad Spinner to get the excess water off. 
 
2. Drob your herbs, stems and all, in a Ziploc freezer bag.  Place in an easy to find location of your freezer.  (I may or may not know this from experience.  You'll use more herbs, when you can actually find the herbs.)
 
 
3. When you're cooking, whip out your bag.  Lop of a chunk, chop it and toss it in your dish.  If you see big stems, just grab 'em and pitch 'em. 
 
That's it.  My sister was the one that taught me this trick.  It works with Parsley, Cilantro (pictured), Dill, Basil, Mint and Oregano... maybe even others. 
 
Now, go on, rock out your best Giada impression.