Friday, April 29, 2016

Homeschool Day

~Sigh of contentment~ I love state parks. 

 
I've loved them ever since I was a child, probably because my dad's idea of a vacation is to find a state or national park to explore.  My mom's idea of a fun afternoon is to load up the kiddos and head to the state park.

 
What can I say?  It's engrained in me. 

 
The love of nature is so closely tied with the love of the Creator, because it is so much a reflection of Him and His splendor, I can't help but revel in the beauty of this earth.

 
I want the Blossoms to grow up in the humility that brings, to feel their "small-ness" in comparison with a God that ordered this universe and sustains it day in and day out. 

 
On a glowing spring day, we studied survival skills. 


The mysteries of the compass were finally revealed to the girlies and me. 

 
Pond life was up close and personal.


And, new friends and old friends were near.  It should be noted that, despite the familiar red and black garb, the man in the picture is not the Rugged Mountain Man. 

 
Blossom4 and her little pal loved this tree.  I must say, I noted it in Evernote, so that we can use it as a future photo op location. 
 
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Dominique