Monday, April 25, 2016

The Cherry of the Weekend

As I mentioned on Friday, we headed out to our co-op open house.  Everyone seemed like they were in a celebratory moody as giddiness prevailed, both in the mamas and in the children.  "We did it!"  "It's been another good school year!"  One of the highlights of the open house for me was displaying a photo board of the cooking class I co-taught with my partner in crime, Elizabeth. 

 
I've mentioned before how social the kitchen can be.  The students learned a lot and we cleaned up A LOT.  We even learned a few things, as they asked some pretty interesting questions.  They asked what Cream of Tartar is made of.  "Ummmmmm."  Elizabeth and I were stumped, but Google says, "Potassium bitartrate, also known as potassium hydrogen tartrate, with formula KC4H5O6, is a byproduct of winemaking. In cooking it is known as cream of tartar. It is the potassium acid salt of tartaric acid (a carboxylic acid)," so now we know!



I also particularly enjoyed Blossom3's toothless rendition of "The Sitter" and "The Crowded Tub."  The girlies were pleased as they had a good showing of friends and family in the audience.  I know that touches their hearts.

Another highlight of the weekend was Blossom4's 3rd birthday party.  Not many kids have so many cousins that they can have their own baseball game.  I told the girlies that they should be thankful, as that crowd represented the same amount of kids that lived in the small town neighborhood I grew up in.  My talented sister snapped this shot of the "littles" watching the "bigs" slam the ball downtown.  So sweet!

 
On Sunday, I try to take what I like to call an "analog day," which means no email.  It also means I focus on resting and hanging out with the family.  I'd literally rested on the couch while the girlies stacked the dishes and then headed down to the creek with the Blossoms just to enjoy its gurgling, bubbly personality.  My neighbor came down grinning from ear to ear and handed me a bag.  I opened it up to find this shirt.  She saw it and decided I needed it.  She was right!  What a great cherry on the top of my weekend.  :)  I was ecstatic and the grin plastered to my face stayed the entire time I lounged in the grass by the creek.
 
 
 And now, I'm going to tackle those laundry piles. 

Have a wonderful day!

Dominique