Monday, January 28, 2013

Be Real

Not long ago, it struck me that I let my guard down with my family.  And, while this may not seem like anything new to you, it made me come to a realization.  We all need good family or very close friends.  Why?  To keep us humble.  Being around my family keeps me humble.  Let's face it, most of us strive to keep up some sort of face or front for others.  We want them to think we're super-mom, super-wife or something like that.  And, when I'm around family, I tell the real story.  They see my down times and up times.  They see the true me - the bad reactions and the good reactions to all sorts of situations.  That's a really good thing.  It's humbling to know that my family knows my struggles and my victories.  It helps me to remember not to think of myself more highly than I ought.  Christian family and close friends help me to think of myself as I ought.