Friday, January 4, 2013

For Him, him and your children

I take the Bible so literally.  And, I think to myself, if Jesus lived here, how would I keep this place?  If this was Jesus' house, how tidy would it be?  I love Matthew 25:40, 45 that talks about whatever you've done to the least of these, you've done to Christ.  Whatever you've NOT done to the least of these, you've NOT done to Christ.  I know that children definitely fall into the "least of these" category.  Just think about it.  Whatever I do to them, I am doing to Christ and whatever I haven't done to them, I haven't done to Christ!  It's mind-boggling.  Even convicting!  And then, there's Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, do heartily as to the Lord and not to men."  Keep your house tidy unto Christ.  This is my way of serving and blessing His name.  That's how literally I take the Bible.  It even applies to how I keep my home.