Monday, January 14, 2013

My Thoughts on Tidiness

"Tidiness begets tidiness."  When things are tidy, you tend to want to keep them tidy.  For this reason, I always make my bed.  Or I always refold the throws on the back of the couch.  They are just little things that beget more tidiness.

"I don't have time not to be tidy or organized."  Seriously, I can't stand rooting through dirty laundry to find the one shirt I need.  I am bothered if I have to rip apart a cabinet to find that one elusive ingredient.  I get annoyed when I sit down to play dollhouse with my girls and there aren't any dollhouse pieces to be found.  I save time by being tidy and organized. 

"Steady plodding makes good progress."  I look at my cleaning rotation as a way to steadily plod toward good progress in a tidy home.  Every day I steadily plod away at a little bit of cleaning.  And, steadily I see good progress.  Little by little, we get the job done here.