Wednesday, January 2, 2013

For your Husband

Some husbands care what the home looks like and some don't.  However, I strongly believe that this is a huge way you can bless your husband.  You can make the home a haven.  I actually belive that some women are driving their husbands away from them by unconsciously making their homes an added stressor to him.

- Proverbs 31:12 says that she does her husband good!  I think every one of us agrees that it's a harsh and nasty world out there.  We must do all we can to help our husbands.  My tidy home is one way I do my husband good.  Coming home is a breath of fresh air.  It's peaceful.  It's happy.  It's full of love.  Untidyness is rarely any of the above, especially peaceful.  If he comes home to an untidy, disorganized mess habitually, in his head, he thinks that it's just one more thing amiss in his life, that needs to be handled or fixed.

- Proverbs 31:11 even says that my husband safely trusts in me.  Our home is our largest investment, with several smaller investments in it - appliances, vehicles, furniture and most importantly, PEOPLE.  How I care for those investments can affect my husband.  My husband trusts me to care for all those things.  In essence, the chain of command is God, my husband, then, me.  I'm a steward.  And, I want to hear, "Well done, you good and faithful servant."  In the here and now, I want to hear it from my husband.  In the Great Hereafter, I want to hear it from God.