Friday, January 11, 2013

Evaluate your house

We have white linoleum in our kitchen.  Hence the reason I do a quick mop on Tuesdays and a full mop on Fridays.  It shows e v e r y t h I n g.  I suspect that whenever it gets changed to a nice neutral dirt-hiding floor (like my Mom and my sister-in-law have), I may only need to mop once a week.  We also have 2 cats, 1 bird and one dog.  This is why I vacuum twice a week and tidy the couches once a week.  If you don't have pets, this may not be necessary.  Evaluate your home and your habits and plan accordingly.  I also plan so that the big impact cleaning is done toward the end of the week.  So, the house is the cleanest, per se, going in to the weekend, when I spend less time cleaning and more time on other projects and events.  Evaluate your work schedule and school schedule and plan accordingly.  Stick with it.  Remember, a tidy home glorifies God!