Friday, February 15, 2013

I reserve the right...

I reserve the right not to answer.  Yes, that's right.  If it is a bad time, I don't answer.  You don't have to answer either.  You can call them back.  Save yourself the bother sometimes.  If the baby is screaming, the toddler is climbing and the youngster is missing-in-action, you may want to focus on other things for a few minutes.  Make the call to skip that call.  You can get a hold of them later.  Sometimes the Little People are bad when I'm on the phone because I chose to answer the phone at a bad time.  Let's think for a moment... a bad time to answer might be:

- when you're making lunch and they're starving.
- when you just got home and you're still unloading them from your family vehicle.
- when it's just about naptime and you can't find the favorite stuffed animal and someone else needs to be changed and (etc, etc)
- when it's school time (um, if you were a teacher, no one could get a hold of you either).