Monday, February 25, 2013

To Be or Not to Be A Diva: Why not?

My thoughts on Divas, Christianity, Women and Girls:

I don't want to be a diva because I think there are no Christian divas.  I think being a diva is totally opposite what it means to be a Christian.  You might be thinking that I'm taking things a little too far.  Some girls are just that way... they just like fashion and they just think about themselves and what they want more than the next girl.  I don't think that's the case.  One of the first verses that comes to mind is Matthew 16:24-25:
Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

One of the first things we're commanded to do, if we wish to follow Jesus is to deny ourselves.  We must lose our life to save it.  That means, all my agendas, all my favorite vices, all my soapboxes, all my desires, it all goes right out the window.  What Jesus wants reigns supreme.  Period.  His will is what we desire.  (just as He desire the Father's will when He walked this Earth.)  Our desires are subject to His desires.  A diva puts her desires, wants, and/or needs above everyone else's.  That is opposite what a Christian does.  Strike One.