Monday, March 4, 2013

To Be or Not To Be A Diva: Who is it for?

My thoughts on Divas, Christianity, Women and Girls:

Another thing that comes to mind is the audience that a diva is performing for.  They often put so.much.time. into preparing to go out or to always look their sexiest, and yet, have forgotten the single most important person - God.  1 Thessalonians 4:1 talks about how the Thessalonians were instructed to walk and please God and to grow in that.  Divahood makes me gag for two reasons:
#1 - It's usually shaped around pleasing "Me." 
or
#2 - It's usually shaped around pleasing other people.
John 4:34 and 17:4 show what Jesus' purpose was - "My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." and "I glorified The on the earth, having accomplished the work which Thou hast given Me to do."  He knew who He was pleasing.  And, if we are pleasing ourselves or others first, we are not walking the way Jesus walked.  His example is the one we ought to follow.  So, yes, what seems like such a minor issue to some, really bothers me because it goes against Scripture.  If you're constantly endeavoring to please the wrong people with your demeanor and dress and what not, you're not living the way Christ wants His followers to live.  I repeat, I don't want to be a diva and I don't want our Blossoms to be divas.