Friday, March 1, 2013

To Be or Not To Be A Diva: In your heart

My thoughts on Divas, Christianity, Women and Girls:

Another thing that bothers me about divahood is the apparent lack of a gentle and quiet spirit.  Have you ever met a diva that has one?  I have not.  If you wish to find out how God desires His young women to act, check out 1 Peter 3, especially verses 3 and 4.  According to His Word, our adornments should not be merely external.  Divas spend so.much.time. on the external.  It almost makes me gag.  Yes, I wear makeup.  Yes, I dress fashionably.  I am always attempting to keep this in balance.  I don't let my appearance go uncared-for or unthought-of.  That isn't Godly either, but it shouldn't be out of balance.  Verse 4 says, "but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."  That gentle and quiet spirit is precious in the sight of God.  Did you get that?  For us to adorn ourselves with a gentle and quiet spirit is super-important to God!  (To give you perspective, earlier in the book, Peter mentions that the Blood of Christ is also PRECIOUS to God.)  To a diva, so much thought goes into external adornments and they are missing out on thing big, big, BIG thing that is SO precious to God - a gentle and quiet spirit.  I am challenged yet again to spend more time putting on that ever-important spiritual adornment of a gentle and quiet spirit.  That tells me that the time in front of the mirror shouldn't come close to the amount of time we spend in front of the Word and on our knees.  But, it's all to often the case.